Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Una Pausa

The rain seems to have quit for now, but who knows, there might be more later. No problems with flooding at least. I asked Yanessi if it was a possibility and she looked at me like I was crazy. "of course not." so no worries, just discomfort.

Hugh and I went out today around 11:30 in the rain because we were too hungry to stay in. After a thorough soaking, we ended up at "Dos Tejanos" which is a tex-mex steakhouse type joint. It was a good burger and fries. I needed a little american food to warm up my stomach. I've started wearing my long underwear. It did keep my legs dry despite my dripping jeans, so I've found a new friend. The house is everything but insulated. The best thing we can do is keep the door shut while we're in a room so the body heat stays inside, but my new room is huge so that doesn't work too well. We went to the "grocery store" and I went to the market to get greenbeans and tomatoes. Now I want potatoes and cabbage and beef for a big soup tomorrow. The potatoes and cabbage are easy.. I'm still terrified of the carniteria.

Tomorrow we have the grand AMA craft market. I think it starts at 10 and goes till 3, and at the same time I have my class. I think AMA will be selling all their leftover scarves and bags, and then some earrings that Kim left behind. I hope people show up. Otherwise just more working on silver. I moved the workspace to a permanent location in my old bedroom, so hopefully it will be warmer.

I'm still working on new designs. I put in a good 8 hours today, figuring out materials and making examples. I have some interesting ideas concerning the figures of the mayan calendar on top of these jade beads that we ordered. The jade is absolutely gorgeous so I'm pretty excited to work with that. Here's an image:



Still in the process of "seeing how it goes." That seems to be my favorite phrase these days. I like the objects I have, though they're not exactly useful as jewelry in this form. But they're incredibly hard to make, so I have bad feelings about being able to teach it.

Have a warm, dry day-for me.

No comments: